Investment Services Administrator
Three exciting opportunities are now available within two Investment Administration teams.
A permanent opportunity within the Investment Services Support Team
A permanent opportunity within the Investment Funds Revenue Team
A 12 month maternity cover secondment/fixed term contract within the Investment Funds Revenue Team
The Investment Services department provides a first class Fund Administration service to Old Mutual Wealth UK Business Units and other Old Mutual Wealth Group Customers. The department currently operates 7 Fund platforms with Funds Under Management of approximately £127.3bn (as at 30 Jun 2017)
The job holder will be working within the Fund Revenues and Standing Data teams and their key responsibilities will include invoicing and claiming rebate payments and fees from Fund Managers, some of which is passed back to clients, statc data input and maintanence.
The role will also include control of day to day administration processes, risk management, query resolution, staff support, continual improvement and maintenance of customer and supplier relationships.
The job holder will be expected to act in line with departmental and corporate procedures, policies and service standards.
Key Risk and FCA requirements:
- Functions within Investment Services adhere to FCA Client Money and TCF principles.
- Demonstrating an awareness of and adherence to relevant Risk and Control processes associated with an Investment Services department.
- FCA TCF guidelines considered for all decision making, ensuring the business remains TCF compliant
- Client Money regulations understood, processes & controls support adherence to regulation and mitigate risk of breach
- Technical competence in all aspects of own function and appreciation of other Investment and Client Services Functions. To include an awareness of Industry best practice in own function and a comprehension of current industry initiatives.
- Take ownership for the delivery of operational processes in accordance with the agreed procedures and service standards. Demonstrating an awareness of cross function and customer impacts
- Contributing to query resolution for own function, being accountable for service provided and timely communication.
- Competent in the use of Investment and Corporate systems relevant to own role and awareness of all Old Mutual Wealth Investment systems and contingency practices.
- Good understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) within functional area and detailed knowledge of control points or mechanisms, supporting the department’s commitment to a strong 1st line of defence.
- Demonstrating awareness of FCA regulations relating to Investment Services functions. (e.g Training & Competence)
- Contributing to the escalation of issues and risk events, developing recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Understanding of team’s exceptional and contingency practices, assisting with regular reviews to ensure no compromise to standards.
- Contributing to root cause analysis work to establish trends, identify process improvement ideas and mitigate risk.
- Supporting the OMW customer principles by escalating any issues identified through day-to-day work which might result in customer detriment or treating customers unfairly. Ensure local adherence to TCF principles through the application of the department TCF policy and related procedures.
- Responsible for undertaking corporate training packages to ensure own knowledge is up to date with reference to anti-money laundering, Financial Crime rules, FCI etc. Ensuring all reporting is completed in line with company guidelines.
- Understanding the teams Business Continuity (BCP) plans, corporate levels of disaster and critical staff. Supporting own team in testing or during an incident.
- Supporting, training and coaching staff members across the department. Taking responsibility for maintaining training material. Responsible for providing overviews to colleagues or external parties as requested by line manager.
- Effective prioritisation of own workload to optimise service standards.
- Demonstrating an understanding of customers’ needs and expected team service as defined within service level agreements.
- Knowledge of team KPI’s and service standards. Able to report on team’s monthly service and delivering action plans for recommended service improvements, giving consideration to cross team impacts.
- Understanding of Old Mutual Wealth’s Vision and appreciation of departmental goals.
- Champion and embrace a culture of customer service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility for own personal development, actively identifying new areas of learning via newly gained knowledge and skills on the job. Leading development discussions with line manager.
- You may, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature in other teams or departments that fall within your capabilities as requested by your line manager.
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
- Demonstrate an ability to innovate
- 5 GCSE’s Grade D or above to include Math and English and/or NVQ Level 1 – or equivalent
- Educated to degree level (Desirable)
- A-level Maths (Desirable)
- IAQ qualified or part qualified or CF1 (or equivalent industry qualification). (Desirable)
- Knowledge of MS Office products, in particular MS Excel.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of unit-linked fund administration.
- Awareness of processes within Investment Services.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand complex technical processes rapidly
- Understanding of FCA Regulatory impacts and reporting requirements.
- Aptitude for, and experience of, solving complex numerical problems.
- Previous investment services experience within a financial services environment. (Desirable)
- We offer an innovative and flexible reward package. In addition to your starting salary, depending on the grade and location of the role we also offer:
- Access to a great range of offers and discounts from well-known retailer
- Season ticket loans
- The ability to buy and sell holiday
- Bonus – most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company and personal performance
- Pension Scheme – non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Private medical insurance
- A flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)