Sport Coordinator (Fixed Term Contract)
This post is a Fixed Term Contract til July 2019
- The post-holder will support, develop and coordinate the Union’s Sports clubs and general club provision, whilst managing their budgets, and outgoings.
- The post holder will be responsible for the development of club executive members, the clubs themselves and health and safety and transport provisions of the participants.
- The post holder will be expected to train, mentor and support individuals in committee positions and ensure that they are supported to run their groups on a day to day basis.
- The post holder will have experience of managing sports clubs systems in a busy customer focused environment, as well as experience in developing administrative systems.
- The post-holder will have experience of budget management and financial control and will also be able to prioritise targets accordingly.
- The post-holder will be an excellent communicator with sound judgement and have the ability to handle competing priorities.
- Ideally, the post-holder will have a thorough understanding of the issues and barriers that are faced by students in the Higher Education sports sector.
Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University. As a charity led by our values and guided by our students, we do this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to more than 22,000 students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 60 permanent and part-time staff.
For an informal discussion about the post contact Miss Natalie Dutka-Bowskill, Student Activities Manager on email@example.com or 01329 843637
Closing date for applications: Midday on the 4th May 2018
Interviews will be held on date: 22nd May 2018
Please note that CVs cannot be considered as applications. Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.