Customer Services Officer
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community. Our Customer Service team is part of a changing and evolving service which we are delivering to customers, aiming for greater efficiency and a smarter approach to customer queries.
We are seeking professional and well-motivated individuals to work in our Customer Service Team who can provide a high standard of customer care for the council. If you have customer service or call centre experience, this exciting opportunity is for you.
- This front line role involves helping customers with an increasing range of council services.
- You will be supporting other teams in the council by helping customers with various enquiries and complaints through to conclusion, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Customer Service is a varied role, allowing you to interact with customers across webchat, email and digital self-service as well as with traditional methods of face-to-face and telephone.
- We are keen to promote online channels to our customers and your role would be a key part in this.
- To be successful in your application, you must be able to demonstrate experience of working in a customer focused role and be passionate about providing great customer care.
- You will use computer based information systems for managing customer enquiries therefore proven ICT skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly is essential in this role.
- Attention to detail and achieving high standards of work, together with the ability to demonstrate good listening and communication skills is also a must.
- This is a busy working environment so you will need to be resilient, adaptable and enjoy being part of a great team.
- Local Government pension scheme (defined benefits scheme)
- Up to 27 days annual leave dependant on local government service)
- Flexible working scheme
- Subsidised train travel
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
- Childcare voucher scheme (subject to Government amendments)
- Payment of professional or registration fees where these are required