Trainee Youth Worker
We are looking for candidates with the ability to support youth workers to deliver quality youth work in groups, through advice, information and support and to young people on a variety of issues.
You will be passionate and committed to working with young people, to behave in a professional manner meeting workplace expectations and requirements while recognising boundaries, working effectively as a team member under supervision and to undertake continuing professional development.
- Ensure that delivery points are accessible, resourced, tidy and welcoming for young people.
- Develop, plan, co-deliver, evaluate and co-ordinate group work sessions.
- Assist in the up-keep of resources/ leaflets/ information.
- Offer information and advice and support to young people in a variety of settings/environments as required to meet the aims of the service.
- To represent No Limits at meetings and at community events when required.
- To work with the Line Managers and Youth Workers in developing No Limits services.
- To ensure quality of service and maintain records to the required project/service standards, maintain client files to a high standard and preserve confidentiality.
- To keep up to date on issues that affect young people e.g. changes in government policy and local practice.
- Experience of working with children and young people on issues such as substance use, education and training, health, housing, welfare benefits, family and relationships, discrimination & justice, health etc.
- Experience of offering opportunities to people that are both participative and educational in nature
- Experience of working with people with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
- Enthusiastic in support of young people and recognises the importance of voluntary engagement of young people
- Able to work with other practitioners and young people and the wider social networks to which they may belong and to support the participation of young people
- Able to build trusting relationships with young people, enabling them to develop new skills and make their own informed choices.
- Demonstrates motivation and shows initiative in work practice.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles and working practice of equal opportunities & anti discriminatory practice.
- Be able to carry out group work in a youth work setting
- Plan and deliver participative activities
- Understand the importance of safeguarding and providing a safe environment for young people.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- How to use informal and non-formal educational approaches to support young people to learn and achieve learning outcomes.
- Understands the basics of how young people develop during adolescence