Floor Staff/ Host
As a Bring & Mix Floor Staff, your role will revolve around being front-of-house. This involves greeting guests and seating them at their tables, serving cocktails made by the Lead Mixologist, clearing tables of glasses, and helping with the maintenance of the glass stock such as cleaning and polishing.
- Being proactive rather than reactive to the guests’ needs - dealing with comments and feedback as an opportunity to learn, and help drive the business forward.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Helping set-up before the first guests arrive and pack-down after the last guests leave.
- Collecting cash and debit card payments.
- Front-of-house – greeting guests and taking them to their tables.
- Maintaining the floor so that the ambiance and atmosphere is retained.
- Clearing glasses from tables.
- Washing and drying glasses.
- Assisting the Mixologist in the creation of cocktails, eventually creating cocktails for the guests yourself.
- Be somebody who is willing to learn and provide the excellent level of service that we pride ourselves on.
- Can effectively deal with stress situations as service can get busy at times.
- You are not expected to have an in-depth knowledge of cocktail making - we will provide you with on-the-job training so that techniques can be learned and improved, thereby enabling you to create the unique cocktails that Bring & Mix is now known for. We have every intention to have you be a mixologist (if this is something that interests you) and we will help you achieve this goal.
- Being a creative and inventive person who is able to think quickly on your feet and display an honest care for our customers.
- A high level of customer service with excellent communication skills.
- To be confident, fun, and energetic, whilst professional in terms of their appearance and demeanour.
- To have the ambition to continually drive the business forward.
- The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to join a team of driven individuals keen to see the business succeed and we always want to help further your career whether in the bartending or business sector.
- This is your chance to be part of an exciting dynamic new start-up that is leading the way for cocktail experiences in Southampton.
- Tips generated on the night, and the chance to grow your mixology skills into new areas.