Play Scheme Assistant / Holiday Club Assistant
We are looking to recruit a number of Play Scheme Assistants / Holiday Club Assistants to join our team to plan and deliver sessions in our OFSTED registered Holiday Club for children aged 3 to 11. The holiday club is based in the woodland and the children are outside all the time, in all weathers; there is indoor space available should they wish to use it -most don't!
- To deliver the varied holiday club program of activities to the children and young people
- To plan, provide and take part in all the groups’ activities. In addition to take part in special events, outings and visits if and when appropriate.
- To support the development and implementation of a varied program of interventions and activities to meet the needs of the children and young people
- To help prepare and fully set up activities before the children and young people arrive and tidy up after they leave
- Ensure that all areas are kept clean and safe for children and young people at all times.
- To manage groups of children and young people, and be responsible for their care whilst they are participating in activities
- This position requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic person capable of working independently and acting on their own initiative.
- The successful applicants will have childcare experience and will be excellent at working with children.
- Play Scheme Assistant, Level 2 qualification (minimum) in Childcare or Early Years is essential.