Business Internships in China
With China being the world’s fastest-growing economy, completing a business internship in this country is invaluable. Aston offers graduates as well as undergraduates the unique opportunity to explore the Chinese business acumen by accomplishing advertising, marketing and teaching projects. This internship will suit one with a passion, drive and eagerness to learn about trade in China and step into the Chinese working world. It is aimed to give the interns work experience which will allow them to demonstrate their skills as well as develop them further and learn about the Chinese culture at the same time.
Business interns work 20 hours weekly, the hours are however flexible.
Summer 2018 (Exact Dates to be Decided)
Airport pick-up 27 or 28 June
Training and orientation 29 June to 6 July
First day of term 14 July
Last day of term 28 August
Autumn Term 2018 (Exact Dates to be Decided)
Airport pick-up 1 or 2 September
Training and orientation 3-15 September
First day of term 15 September
Last day of term 13 January 2019
Term dates may vary depending on enrolment.
- Currently enrolled university undergraduates, graduates, or people who have a keen interest in learning about Chinese businesses, a genuine interest in Chinese culture as well as gaining work experience in China.
- Applicants that have studied or are studying a degree in any discipline.
- Positions are open to fluent speakers of the following languages: English, Japanese, French, German and Spanish, although your English language must be of sufficient level for communication at work.
- Someone with an easy-going personality, maturity, passionate about Chinese culture and an interest in business, responsible and have good communication skills.
- Free Accommodation. A private single room and a living/dining room, bathroom and toilet shared with other participants
- No bills to pay, internet, gas, electricity and water are provided (the use of air-conditioner over 400 kW/H and international telephone charges must be paid for by the participant)
- Free lunch from Tuesday to Sunday
- Airport pick-up at either Nanjing or Shanghai airport
- A stipend of 1200 RMB per month
- Free two-day trip to Mount Jiuhua or cash equivalent
- Ten hours of free Chinese lessons a week
- Help with booking train tickets and hotels
To apply for our Business Internship Project please send a CV or application form and a cover letter with and degree certificate (student ID or unofficial transcript is required, if the participant is a university undergraduate) via e-mail.
Russell Forrest, Programs Director, Aston Language Centre
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx