Graduate Actuarial Analyst – Actuarial Systems
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, in areas of retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and employs more than 55,000 people worldwide!
Our size, the quality of our staff, our diverse global locations and myriad areas of expertise all create an exciting place to work, learn, develop and build a successful career.
Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. Over 10,000 users, across nearly 1000 customer sites, in more than 70 countries, rely on Prophet to model their firm’s financial business. The Prophet department contains three core actuarial teams:
Actuarial systems team – design and architecture of the Prophet Professional and Enterprise editions
Actuarial library development team – development of the actuarial codebase, to meet the latest international business requirements
Professional services team – working with FIS’ customers around the world, implementing solutions to get the best out of Prophet
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for recent graduates to join FIS’ actuarial systems team, which is responsible for the design and architecture of Prophet. In this role, you will build an understanding of insurance products and regulatory developments affecting the insurance industry worldwide and develop technical system features to a level of excellence. Full training on Prophet will be provided and graduates will quickly become experts in using and developing Prophet models.
- Understand both regulatory and client needs to specify enhancements for the Prophet Suite; Prophet Professional, Enterprise and more
- Work and communicate within the Agile team environment, answering questions, and contributing to the overall development process
- Problem solve and provide solutions to technical challenges with the aim of becoming a subject matter expert
- Assist with user acceptance testing and sign-off of new product changes
- Support helpdesk teams for client cases
- Help communicate upcoming functionality for releases with customers
We are seeking highly-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills:
- Proactive, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged!
- Aspiring to develop a successful actuarial career with a leading financial technology company!
- Interested in software developments and new technologies
- Graduating (minimum 2:1) in a numerate/scientific/analytical discipline e.g. actuarial science, maths, physics, economics
- A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, company pension, travel insurance and more!
- A fun, collaborative and supportive team environment
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the insurance industry
- Study support towards qualification as an actuary