We are looking for an experienced graphic designer to join our leading design agency for the publishing industry. We are passionate about what we do and have built up an unrivalled reputation in producing high end, multi-component (print & digital) resources for international education markets. Clients return to us because we have a team of exceptional people who deliver stunning design, technically accurate files, on-budget and to deadline.
The publishing industry is evolving at a rapid pace, providing us with lots of new opportunities to grow and develop as a company. The work is fast-paced and challenging as we continually meet the changing needs of our clients. The job is extremely varied, requiring a good mix of technical ability and creativity.
This graphic designer role would particularly suit someone who has between one to two years of experience within the design industry but wants a new challenge and to work for a growing, stable company with career prospects. For the right person there will be plenty of scope to move into a senior designer role.
- setting up jobs - developing clean, well-structured templates ready to start production;
- formatting text into accurate styles using GREP to facilitate this;
- carrying out corrections to proofs according to editorial mark-up using standard proof correction marks;
- layout of pages integrating photos and illustration with the text to create visually striking and balanced pages;
- producing complex 'realia' (examples of written English) independently;
- producing original solutions to books, covers and digital material which can be used as templates for production;
- using Adobe Creative Suite to its full potential. We have team membership of Creative Cloud so you will have full access to all of the Adobe CC software.
- love typography and editorial design and applying this to some of the most visually complex work in publishing
- have a graphic design, or editorial/information design degree
- love working on top of the range Macs and enjoy pushing the latest full suite of Adobe CC programmes to the limit
- are interested in the publishing industry
- prefer lunch-time countryside walks to grabbing a sandwich at the station
- want to work for a company that looks after its staff (contributory pension, paid overtime, bonus scheme, employee assistance programme, cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and lots more)