Software Developer Analyst
We are the consulting, technology and innovation firm that uses constant curiosity and ever-evolving expertise to make a lasting impact on the world. We are PA Consulting Group. Specialising in technology and innovation, management and IT consulting, our employees operate globally across a wide range of sectors, delivering practical solutions that make the difference for our clients.
Getting exceptional results that have a lasting impact on businesses, communities and individuals is what we do. And finding fresh angles, exploring new avenues and following the unconventional path is how we do it. We are solving some of the world’s most complex problems. But where others settle for off-the-shelf solutions, we approach each challenge with fresh eyes, unconstrained thinking and a perfectly balanced team of experts handpicked for the task.
- Joining us as a Software Developer, you’ll work in collaboration with business analysts and software architects to provide innovative software solutions to our clients' most critical business issues.
- We'll look to you to provide high-level technical designs and to develop software, both in-house and in partnership with clients, suppliers and contractors
- You'll also work closely with test specialists and service managers on software releases.
- As your career progresses, you can expect to work across all areas of the development lifecycle, from strategy to implementation, and to take on assignments in different sectors.
- This will provide you with broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career.
You'll help us bring fresh, bold thinking to today's digital reality, where it is no longer a back-office overhead but a front-office value creator. The rise of the Agile methodology means developers must now combine technical expertise with soft skills such as negotiation and collaboration. So while you can expect to work with cutting-edge technology (such as cloud computing, big data and mobile applications), you'll also have the opportunity to develop client-facing and consultancy skills.
- A 2:1 degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science or a related subject
- Skills in Java or C#
- Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases
- Innovative and analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel on business
- We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK.
- Your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
- Accepted degree subjects: physics · transport engineering · mathematics · aerospace engineering · chemical engineering · mechanical engineering · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management