Graduate Development Framework (Software Engineering)
As a Software Engineer, you’ll create cutting edge software for our hardware. You’ll be involved in the entire lifecycle of a product, from design and development to integration.
From head up displays and flight controls to missile targeting systems, the quality of our software is every bit as important as our hardware.
- In this key role, you’ll be responsible for the code that underpins these products.
- It’s a challenge that will see you getting involved in the entire development lifecycle of a product, from requirements capture to design, development, testing and integration.
- As well as writing code, you’ll find yourself carrying out a whole range of important tasks – from communicating with clients and creating UML diagrams to assisting with final system integration.
- Work closely with both Electronic and Systems engineers, you'll enable the development of complex real-world systems that have to perform perfectly every time, as the consequences of failure could be catastrophic.
- In terms of personal qualities, you’ll need strong analytical skills and creativity to devise methods of producing optimum performance in the software you create.
- It is also essential for Software Engineers to be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, so excellent communication skills are a must.
- In addition, you need to be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.