Graduate Designers – Graphic Designer/SketchUp Visualiser
Here at DSGNLAB our team collaborates to create exceptional design, with a passion for meticulous detail. A busy and demanding environment, it’s the perfect place for graduates designers to start their journey. Right now, we’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer and a SketchUp Visualiser to join our team – truly unmissable opportunities for ambitious, highly motivated graduates to develop their visual talents and build critical core skills. We’re looking for people willing to give their all... and in return we’ll give you a springboard into a lifelong career in graphic design, gaining experience that will stay with you for your entire career.
In this role, you’ll work on a range of high-profile projects, including work for major retailers and big-name brands through our parent agency, Visual Thinking.
You’ll need to be competent in key design skills, full of ideas, confident to share your thoughts, and willing to learn and absorb from others’ experience. Alongside the complex creative projects, you’ll also be tackling more functional work, so you’ll need to be able to get stuck into the artworking side of things, too. If you want to apply for the Junior Graphic Designer but also have a good knowledge of SketchUp, then so much the better.
Or if you have specific skills or a keen interest in SketchUp, then why not apply your knowhow and develop these skills in our more dedicated role, using SketchUp design software to create accurate, highly detailed three-dimensional solutions for our client projects.
Whichever role you join us in, an eye for precision is a must.
- Laying out pages, drawing and redrawing logos, reworking text and performing colour corrections, as well as assisting in creating designs, concepts, and sample layouts for digital and print applications.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop design solutions and articulate and present these to the senior design team members.
- Presenting options for design treatments and submitting rough layouts for approval from the Graphic Designer, Studio Lead or Project Manager.
- Managing client deliverables by participating in effective planning to help drive tasks forward to meet planned deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies, trends and techniques to support production of contemporary, creative and illustrative imagery.
- Proofreading to produce accurate, high-quality work with attention to detail at all times, ensuring all artwork is fully on brand.
- Follow 2D retail planograms to create a 3D visualisation represented on SketchUp.
- Interpret image references of packaging and products to create simple yet realistic 3D models, texturing products using techniques such as ‘project texture’.
- Modify and adapt existing models on the SketchUp Warehouse as reference.
- Use model extensions on SketchUp such as Profile builder and Artisan to sculpt complex forms.
- Use Sketchup ‘Scenes & Styles & Shadows’ for final image export.
- Use Layout software such as Indesign to create a corresponding product description table.
- Use Vray SketchUp to create photorealistic final ‘Overview’ Renders.
- Post-production editing on Photoshop to correct colours and add further details.
- With a related graphics degree or equivalent, you’ll have a good understanding of design within a digital context and be a skilled Mac user in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat software packages.
- The precise nature of this work means you’ll need a high level of attention to detail and a quality-focused approach.
- The ability to thrive under pressure and enjoy the process of seeing a project through from start to finish is a must, as are strong organisational and communication skills, and a willingness to listen to and apply constructive feedback.
- Occasionally you may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so we’re looking with someone with a flexible approach.