Junior Graphic Designer
We're recruiting for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our London office, this is an exciting role supporting the design of iQ Student Accommodation's online and offline artwork, as well as other brand and design activities across all areas of iQ. You'll get the chance to show your creativity in this role, and to develop your own skills a graphic designer. Reporting to our Senior Graphic Designer you'll be an important part of our marketing team, and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects on a daily basis.
iQ Student Accommodation is one of the leading student accommodation providers in the UK, with 27 sites in 66 cities and up to 28,000 student's call our properties home each year. We're a growing company on a mission to re-imagine the student accommodation experience, and we're looking for people who can help us to deliver the best year yet for our residents.
- Produce all template marketing collateral including posters, leaflets, fact sheets and adverts in-house using InDesign software.
- Design signage such as hoardings, window vinyls and way-finding signs.
- Work on layouts and preparing artwork for pages for print.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Create HTML e-mails and manage send outs via Campaign Monitor.
- Ensure all customer facing material conforms to iQ's brand guidelines whether for corporate or operational brand
- Front end website design, including creating of website banners and online advertising
- On an ongoing basis, with the Senior Graphic Designer and Senior Brand and Studio Manager review the branding and brand collateral in order to keep it fresh, appealing and interesting.
- Create exciting and engaging campaign themes and strap-lines, designed to achieve business objectives and brand standout.
- Contribute to the compilation of the Marketing Calendar and ensure that allocated tasks and responsibilities are delivered to time and to a consistently high standard.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Degree in Graphic Design/design related subject.
- Good understanding of design principles including branding.
- Knowledge of marketing and designing for commercial purposes.
- Demonstrable ability to create original designs and creative themes within the service industry.
- Experience in a designer role.
- Highly creative person, with a natural flair for designing original concepts.
- Strong commercial acumen; extensive experience of responding to briefs and designing collateral that generates sales.
- Experience in a multi-channel marketing environment.
- Attention to detail with excellent grammar and punctuation.
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities and strong organisational skills.
- Conscientious and professional, patient with a friendly, “can do” attitude.
- Proficient in use of Adobe Creative Suite, particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good knowledge of HTML design.