New opportunity not to be missed! DCS Group has an exciting opportunity available for a Graphic Designer to join the team based in Banbury. You will join the team on a full time permanent basis. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £20-£24,000 per annum dependent upon experience.
DCS Group was founded by Denys C. Shortt OBE and is the UK’s largest sales and marketing company for leading health, beauty and household brands. These include Procter and Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Colgate, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson, Kimberly-Clark and Sacla Food.
We are a regular Times Top Track 250 company and immensely proud of our track record of having grown sales for the past 23 consecutive years. DCS remains a privately owned entrepreneurial business with a focus on innovation, passion and culture.
The Graphic Designer role is a more senior position in the Design Team and suited to an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and balancing creativity with commercial deadlines. The Design Team interacts across all departments within the business and also with senior management on a regular basis.
The Design Team operates in a relaxed environment and has a separate creative space within the business. We have a number of staff benefits that we offer as an organisation and we have a strong focus on people development.
This role is based at our Banbury site and if you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Main Responsibility for NPD, Corporate Literature, Website Graphics & Population and External Charity Work. Produce graphic design for internal & external projects.
- Design & Production of NPD Concepts, final production and amends of labels.
- Design & Production of External Customer work i.e. Stratforward, Stratford Hospital
- Design & Production of Corporate Literature
- Packaging & Tradeshow stand design
- Website/digital design & management
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC Design Software including Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign / Acrobat
- Advanced experience using Apple Mac & Knowledge of the Hardware
- Very high level of Design / Composition / Typographic / Conceptual skills
- Advanced knowledge of colour processes e.g.: CMYK / RGB / Pantone referencing
- Advanced knowledge of artworking / setting files up for final print production
- A good knowledge of print drivers and how they work (setting up print jobs for internal printing)
- Good knowledge of using a digital camera
- Eye for photography composition & product photography
- Excellent Organisational skills & file management – filing and archiving artwork files.
- Self-Motivated and flexible to change
- Ability to work to corporate/brand guidelines
- Excellent ability to produce creative and innovative design to a high standard under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Software including Word / Excel / Power point / Outlook
- Good understanding of website population and functionality
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Experience of using a PC
- BTEC Foundation Course in Design and HND or BA in Design