As an innovative start-up company based at Birmingham Science Park, we at Learning Labs are currently seeking a design intern to join our dynamic team from April for a period of 3 - 6 months.
The positions are voluntary and offer University credit. The role also suits recent graduates in the Birmingham area or those seeking work experience – however, we are open minded to anyone with the right skills and attitude.
- We’re a passionate team keen on supporting language learners! Our mission is to develop resources that help make language learning more fun and engaging. To do this, we’re looking for a bright and enthusiastic design intern who can help the team develop content for an exciting language project.
- Graphic design for the FlashAcademy app, websites and marketing material;
- Graphic design to support FlashSticks® product range;
- Introduction to animation to support new video production.
- Successful candidates will have a keen eye for detail and possess excellent creative and communication skills to be able to confidently deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and a flair for design;
- Enthusiasm for technology, especially in an academic environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Great communication skills;
- Graduate or postgraduate from ANY discipline, but preferably art or graphic design.
- Experience of creative media tools such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Excel, Video Editing software and eLearning Development Tools (such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline). (Desirable)
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience.
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx