Electronics Engineering Internship
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Electronics Engineer intern for a 12 month paid internship, starting in the summer of 2018. We are looking for someone who has a passion for electronics design and development.
At SPI Lasers our products are used to make 1000’s of everyday items, from mobile phones, tablet computers and automotive parts through to medical stents and solar cells; we design and manufacture fiber lasers for Asia, USA and Europe.
During your internship, you will be working in a small and supportive team in a dynamic and fast paced international environment. Our ethos has always been to empower all our employees at all levels and support them in their unique and professional development.
Our internships are a great opportunity for individuals looking for a placement year, or for those coming to the end of a degree in Electronic Engineering looking to gain industry experience.
- Test Software Engineering; developing, maintaining and documenting the test code for use in our custom designed test equipment.
- Control Electronics; designing, developing and documenting the control electronics used including microprocessor programming, FPGA design, GUI design, communications design and control loop design.
- Power Electronics; designing, developing and documenting the power electronics for the laser diode drivers we utilise at power levels up to several kilo-watts.
- Preference for an undergraduate studying for a degree in Electronic Engineering.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the potential to take on project based assignments.
- The ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Confident in working in a small team.
- Experience in producing clear technical documentation and a willingness to further develop this skill.
- An effective communicator, orally and written.