We are currently recruiting for a CAD/BIM Technician to join our busy and expanding Bridges team in our centrally located Bristol office.
Our Bristol office has an established track record of successfully delivering major transport schemes. Our modern office in the heart of Bristol is within easy reach of Temple Meads, Harbourside and Cabot Circus and comprises a vibrant and diverse mix of sectors and disciplines including Buildings & Places, Environment, Programme Cost Consulting and a large Transportation team including both Rail and Bridges disciplines.
The team provides design, assessment, inspection, repair/remediation, construction support and management services on a wide range of transport infrastructure projects. The team is involved in local and national highways and heavy railways projects.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international bridges and structures projects in both rail and road sectors including Network Rail Civils Assessments Framework, South Gloucestershire Council Framework, Network Rail Western bridge repairs & remediation, SWTRA, CORMAC Strategic Delivery Partner, Balfour Beatty as well as numerous councils throughout the South-West and Wales.
- Production of structural and bridge detailing drawings both for highway and railway schemes
- Production of 2D and 3D design models
- Use of industry standard modelling applications from Bentley and Autodesk
- Use of BS1192 relevant standards
- Use of LoD and the requirements required to align Models accordingly to the appropriate LoD.
- Prepare RC and steelwork details
- Producing models, details and schedules
- Developing and delivering BIM models and 2D extractions
- Assist in site surveys to inform design, repairs, examination and assessment works
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Ideally you will have achieve EngTech status or working towards/close to achieving
- Experience of working as a CAD Technician within a Bridges team
- Ability to produce all 2D and 3D design information required for any type of structure
- Experienced and proficient with AutoCAD
- Experience and knowledge of Revit would be preferable
- RC detailing experience is preferable
- AECOsim experience is highly desirable but training can be provided on this
- Knowledge and experience of BS1192 relevant standards would be preferable
- PTS competence and experience of working on railway and/or highway environments would be preferable, however, training for appropriate site competencies will be provided
- Negotiable salary
- Private healthcare
- Gym membership
- Season ticket loans
- Contributory pension scheme