6 days left
- Full Time
Wates is one of the largest and most successful family-owned private construction, development and property services companies in the UK. Our vision is to become the most trusted partner in the built environment with an ambition to become a £2bn turnover business.
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Surveyor to join our established Wates Residential team in the successful delivery of 220 house/£25M housing scheme at Lee on the Solent for the HCA.
Wates Residential is responding to the needs of its customers by developing mixed tenure housing schemes in partnership with both public and private sector organisations.
Our business covers new-build and partnership housing development activities, reaffirming our long-term commitment to deliver more and better homes; helping to tackle the UK’s urgent need for new housing.
- Produce commercial reports both internally and external to the company
- Ensure the timely receipt of quotations for materials, equipment and Sub-subcontract works
- Undertake commercial assessment of quotes received
- Ensure the timely placement of orders on commercially advantageous terms to facilitate project delivery
- Ensure business objectives are met
- Regularly complete on site measurements/ take off’s
- Ensure all contractual processes are completed on time
- Confident communicator
- Some experience gained in a similar role which includes the areas highlighted above
- Part or fully HNC/HND or Degree qualified
- Keen learner
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail