We need Progress Coaches to support our students in their academic achievement and in the development of key life skills to ensure future success.
At Sir George Monoux College, we are determined to ensure that all of our students reach their full academic potential and develop the skills and personality to lead successful futures. Based in Walthamstow, London, we serve a diverse body of 1700 students, aged 16-19.
Our curriculum provision includes A Level, BTEC and GCSE courses. We have created a learning community that enables our students to develop personal attributes and engage in a wide range of sports and activities alongside their qualifications. Progress Coaches are a key part of our support network that includes Employability Advisors, Sports Coaches, Personal Mentors and Learning Support practitioners.
It is an exciting time to join the College and we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our unique educational setting.
- As one of our Progress Coaches, you will be responsible for supporting students academically across one of our pathways. This will be through weekly 1:1 coaching sessions, group workshops or helping students with their UCAS applications.
- Some of the support will be informal; popping in to lessons to see how particular students are getting on with their assignments or asking students in the Library if they need some help with their revision.
- Whilst prior experience of delivering workshops, coaching students or UCAS would be desirable, we are keen to hear from applicants who can display transferable skills of pro-activity, initiative and building positive relationships.
- hese skills are crucial to working effectively with teachers, support staff and students.
- For entry level practitioners, you will be supported in developing your skills and experience.
- We are committed to professional development and you will be able to access a variety of opportunities to further your career.