Residential Childcare Worker
Are you Enthusiastic? Friendly? Flexible? Hardworking? And Motivated?
Do you want to work for a company with great benefits?
- The role of the Residential Childcare worker is: To provide a safe warm, caring and stable environment for those young people.
- To create a ‘respectful’ culture and ethos within the home in which the needs of the young people are paramount where they are encouraged to develop, mature and achieve their full potential.
- Responsible to the Registered Manager for the direct day to day care of the young people and to undertake other supportive tasks and duties as required.
- To contribute to the development of the young people through the provision of a healthy life style
- To promote and provide a variety of appropriate, stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the young people are monitored and protected to have their needs met.
- To act as a member of the staff team, supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support and advice as necessary
- Diploma 3 (or equivalent) or be prepared to train to qualify
- Preferred experience:
- 1 year of working with challenging young people
- Required licence or certification:
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Part-time, Weekend hours, Flexible working
- Basic salary from £16,000 to £18,000 depending on qualifications and experience, Sleep in rate of £70.47 per night plus overtime.
- 30 days’ annual leave, Company Pension, 24-hour Employee Assistance programme, Childcare vouchers, competitive salary, excellent development and support.
The Serendipity Centre Limited is an inspirational company that offers Education, Care and Therapy to girls only from the ages of 9-18 years old. An independent company that is able to work creatively and therapeutically to ensure positive outcomes for our young people. " The past is something that is gone forever. The future is something we will work on together."
Our mission is to ensure that every girl is safe and free from harm. We aim to make a positive difference to the lives of the girls, who may have experienced significant trauma in their lives, resulting in emotional, behavioural and social difficulty.
Respect- due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others
Friendly- warmth and empathy towards others, always happy to help
Responsive- quick to react in the way that is needed, suitable or right
Integrity- always do the right thing
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Weekend hours, Flexible working