Graduate Acoustics Consultant
4 days left
- Full Time
The Environment Division of Xodus Group is a dynamic team with a range of specialisms including marine biologists, chemists, acousticians, environmental managers and engineers. The Division currently has a vacancy for an acoustic engineering graduate to work as part of their Acoustics Team in their Southampton office.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a high degree of numeracy as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. To support and help develop the resource capabilities of the acoustic’s team and to work with Xodus’ Environmental and Engineering departments.
- The work will be a combination of office, field and site based both home and abroad.
- Help to explore opportunities for the application of new technologies, and to maximize use of expertise within the Xodus Technology division
- Business Development – Help to and support opportunities for additional work both within existing projects and for new clients. Individuals are encouraged to work across disciplines and business sectors
- Proposals – To contribute to new sales opportunities within group. To be actively engaged with the Company’s sales process including tendering, marketing and promotional activities
- Safety – Ensure compliance with Xodus HSE policy and also display commitment to generic safety goals of inherent safety in line with client expectations
- Quality – Ensure quality of own work is of the highest order in accordance with XQMS
- Experience in various measurement techniques and use of instrumentation (including sound pressure, sound intensity, vibration etc.) with corresponding diagnostic skills;
- Experience of engineering noise control and computer modelling highly desirable
- A knowledge of environmental and occupational noise and vibration EC regulations, standards and supporting guidelines;
- Technology – Have good awareness of latest innovations and technology within the acoustics industry and markets
- Graduate in Acoustics or similar engineering or science based degree.
- Student (or full) Member of the Institution of Acoustics and/or relevant technical institution.
- Good commercial awareness with an eye for new business development opportunities
- Ability to work with others to achieve common project goals and client requirements
- Enthusiasm for developing skills and experience in the interface between engineering and environmental departments
- Communication - communicating relevant information in a clear and precise manner
- Initiative - capitalising on opportunities and acting as a catalyst for change and improvement
- Analytical thinking - bringing disciplined analysis to data and situations
- Aptitude for creative problem solving