3 days left
- Full Time
Having just opened our New York office, this is an exciting time to join Texere Publishing with plenty of opportunity for you to develop your career and really make your mark.
We are now looking for a Junior Designer with the vision and ability to assist with the development of a portfolio of publishing brands across multiple channels. This is an important and rewarding role with great long-term career opportunities.
We are looking for a passionate and driven graphic designer to become part of a committed and collaborative team who love what they do. As well as assisting with the day-to-day design function on our market-leading monthly magazines, you will be involved in the design of the brand across its wide variety of digital, live and print products.
Working under the Senior Designer’s direction, you will help create stand-out layouts across print issues, supplements and contribute to the expansion of the brand online and develop marketing collateral while adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Creating dynamic and engaging layouts across print issues, supplements and custom publishing products
- Assisting the Design team in maintaining high standards across all platforms - events/online/awards
- Managing workflow under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have an input in our digital platforms, introducing new ideas that keep Texere Publishing looking fresh
- Ensure the imagery in the magazine is of a high standard and perform basic retouching work, cut outs, etc.
- You must possess a degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design (this year’s graduates will be considered)
- Relevant experience in a very busy and fast-paced publishing environment or design agency
- Experience in magazine design and an interest in the scientific field is an advantage, but is not essential
- You will have a strong portfolio displaying high quality layouts to demonstrate your experience
- Experience of working with digital app software, video editing, illustration and animation will be an advantage
- Experience of picture editing and manipulation
- Strong communication and excellent organisational skills are essential for this role
- You must have an eye for detail and strong typographic skills
- The successful candidate must have experience using Adobe Creative Suite - in particular InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and must have an understanding of the technical and organizational aspects of the production process
- Enthusiastic team player
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A passion for design
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days + bank holidays