4 days left
- Full Time
A small but prolific design firm seeks a creative Graphic Designer with experience in both print and electronic media. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The successful candidate should also have an intimate understanding of Wordpress. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new client or project. Applicants with either several years’ on-the-job experience or graduates (who have studied a suitable discipline) will be given prime consideration.
We’re looking to add to our growing graphic design and web development team. Our graphic designers/brand stylists should not only have a flair for creativity but also the ability to liaise with clients and potential clients and build working relationships.
Brand stylists create solutions for a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, apps, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, e.g. giving organisations a visual 'brand'.
Our designers produce artwork that reflects the brief agreed with the client, develops creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client's objectives and produces graphic files that meet with the specifications of production.
The work demands creative flair, attention to detail, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. The ability to prioritise jobs and demonstrate WordPress/web skills is essential. Applicants should include working examples of sites they have worked on and be able to discuss their involvement in these projects.
- A brand stylists job may involve managing numerous design briefs at a time, allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job
- Meeting clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Deal with incoming enquiries with professionalism and due regard for the enquiry handling process
- Make outgoing communications to potential clients in order to win new business
- Interpreting the client's business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose and that meets the brief
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and agreeing artwork costs that reflect this for clients
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts, then present them to the client in a professional manner
- Using innovation to challenge design briefs within the constraints of cost and time
- Produce accurate and high-quality work that meets the needs of the client
- Will have working knowledge of Creative Suite and WordPress
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, web development or related discipline
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation
- In depth experience and knowledge of Wordpress templates
- 1+ years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and client
- Based within a 30-mile radius of the studio in Newark, Nottinghamshire