Graduate Graphic Designer
Gearset is a Cambridge-based team working on building the best Salesforce release management solution on the market, and we're looking for a talented graphic designer to drive the development of our brand by creating imaginative and distinctive content across every medium.
We believe great design is a key differentiator when it comes to the experience users have with a company and the service it provides. Our app has been built with the principle of creating something that solves complex problems in an ingeniously simple way. Design and usability are core considerations throughout the team, and superior design is the most commonly cited reason why customers pick Gearset over our competition.
We now want someone to take that ethos and apply it to everything else we produce to engage our users: from a simple website banner through to the design and messaging of an entire marketing campaign. You'll be working and collaborating with the core development team who ship new features on a daily basis, the head of product design, and marketing. Your input and advice will be considered hugely valuable from the day you start.
You'll also be our first ever graphic designer, so the opportunity is there to take ownership of the role and play a key part in the current and future development of a rapidly growing business for years to come. If you're interested in getting involved with application design - there's also opportunity for that too!
- Define, create and maintain a cohesive visual style guide to ensure consistency for Gearset's brand across the app, website and print media
- Produce low fidelity and pixel-perfect mock-ups of landing pages to advertise and promote new major features as they are launched in the app
- Take part in generating ideas and creating content to support long term marketing campaigns that promote core themes of the app and the positioning of Gearset as a company
- Create beautiful infographics to highlight key facts and figures as to the benefits of using Gearset to support sales and marketing
- Produce print designs such as flyers, whitepapers, and case studies to use as promotional materials at trade shows and conferences
- Have a passion for technology and the web (we're a SaaS company after all!)
- Educated to bachelor's degree level or equivalent in a design related subject
- Can plan ahead and see the big picture when it comes to design, brand identity and creating a memorable experience for users
- Have experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or similar design tools
- Understand the differences in designing for digital and print media
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, product designers, marketers and salespeople
- Can iterate quickly on design ideas/concepts based on feedback and objectives
- Keen to create content that will engage and delight users
- Some working knowledge/experience with HTML, CSS or other front end web technologies (Desirable)
- Video production or digital animation skills (Desirable)
- Some experience producing commercial content (Desirable)
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office
- Salary is £22k - £26k
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free breakfast and lunch