Design Thinking Intern
4 days left
- Full Time
We’re working with an intuitive digital banking service created for people who want to take more control of their money – aiming to become less of an app, and more of a lifestyle choice. The bank behind our client have always strived to improve the ways people can bank and this is where they’re counting on YOU.
You’ll be working in a London-based Innovation Lab that will take customer-led ideas and transform them into solutions - and they’re looking for intelligent outgoing and creative graduates to fill the space and lead on this process.
- Successful candidates will undertake a 3 or 6 month placement and gain tangible experience in using the design thinking process to solve real life business challenges.
- This opportunity to be at the very forefront of innovation will provide you exposure to the methodologies used in startups and forward thinking modern companies.
- You will be connecting the dots between technology, societal change and emerging behaviours to identify unmet customer needs and ideate solutions to improve their daily lives and rethink the role of banking.
- As a team, the “Labbers” will work closely with experienced industry experts who will lead a series of monthly challenges. Through design sprints you will explore the future together and transform ideas quickly into breakthrough propositions.
- The opportunity is best suited to those looking to enter careers in creative, trend research, strategy and innovation agencies, or anyone looking for a first job that values problem solving, creativity and design thinking as a core part of the work.
- Discovering strategic opportunities – uncovering insight or inspiration to ignite new ideas
- Defining scopes – taking these initial sparks and putting them together as an area to be explored in team workshops
- Developing prototypes – building potential solutions to problems outlined in definition
- Presenting possible solutions to senior stakeholders from the bank on a monthly basis
- Being an all-round advocate for change and innovation
- You’ll be supported by a friendly and motivating group of colleagues, but in true start-up style, the role is best suited to someone who’s willing and wanting to dive in at the deep-end.
- As part of the program you’ll also have a monthly check-in from your Instant Impact Account Manager to ensure you’re getting the most out of your experience.
- You’ll be an adept problem-solver with a genuine passion for innovation and digital technology – you’ll be naturally curious about the way things work
- Highly collaborative and supportive team player
- Being able to put yourself in other people’s shoes
- This role is suited to confident individuals with an outgoing personality – you’ll be comfortable presenting to large audiences or senior stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial attitude – you’re a proactive can-doer with a proven ability to think laterally and challenge the norm, ready to hit the ground running in a startup style environment
- A design or technology related degree would be ideal but a passion for technology and all things digital is just as useful (Desirable)
- Prior exposure to the world of design-thinking (Desirable)