Editorial Internship Opportunity
WHISTLES is a leading British contemporary fashion brand for women and men that cultivates a philosophy for effortless and modern design, providing refined wardrobe pieces with great service.
We currently have a Work Placement opportunity in our Editorial Team at our Head Office in London. It is great opportunity for Fashion students to learn more about the role of a Womenswear and Menswear content team in a premium High Street brand.
- The role will be to shadow the Editorial Assistant and assist in all aspects of the team
- Assisting the Editorial Assistant with Facebook and Twitter scheduling.
- Manage and update the Cultural Calendar.
- Helping the Editorial team with shoot production and post-production: packing up/ unpacking product, steaming clothes, credits sheets and booking couriers.
- Picture Desk duties and imagery admin: set up and manage Usage Calendar, create moodboards for all brand shoot assets, create moodboards of inspirational imagery for Editorial team to refer to, image research for journal posts and filing and organising image assets by week according to product drop dates.
- Conduct research for features and journal posts.
- Write weekly Fashion News/ Cultural round-up to be shared internally with Communications team.
- Assisting the Editorial Assistant on social reporting
- Assisting the Marketing and CRM Coordinator with weekly reporting and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Provide general office and administrative support to Whistles Communications team.
- This role is only available to current students looking for a role in our Editorial Team whilst on their placement year.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx