Sales and Events Coordinator
Solent Students’ Union has a vision that “Every student will have an excellent student experience at Solent University” which is underpinned by our mission to enrich the student experience through opportunities, support, influence and action. We are a close team of professionals who believe that every student matters and have great aspirations with increasing success.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team in the position of Sales and Events Coordinator.
- Initially on a fixed term 1 year contract, there is a potential that this could become a permanent role within the team if successful.
- The post holder will provide support to the Income Generation Manager to maximise income generation opportunities alongside the planning and delivery of large scale fundraising and student engagement events.
- They will demonstrate an acute understanding of their importance in achieving our Vision and Mission.
- The successful candidate will have prior experience of coordinating and administering events, of delivering excellent customer service and will possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The successful candidate will also have the ability to build lasting partnerships; the ability to maximise every sales lead that is generated; skills in a strong customer or membership focus and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- They will have the ability work on their own initiative as well as being a proactive team member with the ability to prioritise a changing workload.
- They will have excellent interpersonal skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to communicate complex information to students, officers, service managers and key University staff.
- They will believe that every student matters and clearly demonstrate a commitment to our organisational values.
For further information or an informal discussion on this post please contact Andy Brown, Income Generation Manager, contact details are available on our solent su website in the contact us section.
Please note we DO NOT accept CVs, they will not be looked at if sent in.
For an application pack please download attached documents and send completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th April 2018 at midday.
Interview Date: Thursday 26th April 2018.