Graduate GIS Data Scientist
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more .We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
- Data and information management and consultancy
- GIS, spatial data management and collaboration, digital innovation technologies, 2D and 3D modelling
- Supporting the delivery of developments and projects within the UK Consent and Planning system and/or Marine Licensing regime
- General support to senior technical specialists and the wider team.
- Support, including task/work-order/project managing, the delivery of digital /information workstreams in support of small, medium and large scale projects and project teams (target utilisation of 95%, with remainder as training or supporting business development).
- Support innovation and development of the ‘digital offer’, and work with colleagues to implement new technology within the Business;
- Draft and produce figures and visualisation material, including presentations and material for public consultation, as well as the management of data and information for projects;
- Support the development and uptake of new digital approaches and digital tooling to both enhance the quality and efficiency of our offering, and to develop new services to our clients;
- Ensure a quality digital mapping and cartography service;
- Represent and promote Royal HaskoningDHV within the marketplace, attending meetings, conferences and seminars, and supporting the wider offer;
- Support consultation with stakeholders and regulators, and to remain up to date with policy and legislative development in a range of sectors;
- Concurrently work on a number of commissions at different stages of the project lifecycle, organising work in a manner which ensures delivery of the required outputs on time, to budget and to quality;
- Engage with sub-consultants;
- Work both independently and as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team to meet project demands, often to tight deadlines and budgets; and
- Build, maintain and utilise a network of internal and external stakeholders/partners and represent own area of expertise within and outside of Royal HaskoningDHV to create a network that is sustainable and accessible and contributes to project success.
- To effectively use (with training) the Royal HaskoningDHV Management System;
- Agree and implement specific role-related targets, to include those related to professional, technical and business development, and client and project management, through the Royal HaskoningDHV Personal Development Review process; and
- Carry out any duties, and participate in general office activities, which might be reasonably expected of a team or your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
- We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate GIS Data Scientist to join our Environment team in Haywards Heath.
- You will proactively contribute to our in-house technical work, ensuring that it is of the quality expected and required by our internal and external clients.
- You will be an enthusiastic, optimistic, conscientious and talented individual with excellent communication skills and technical ability who enjoys the challenge of a growth-orientated environment.
- Able to work in a team and, at times, independently, contributing proactively to ensure existing and new/developing consulting services is consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
- You will have demonstrable experience in geographical and other information management systems, data management and analytics.
- Ongoing contact with project managers, discipline lead and team leaders, and networking within the business group and company as a whole, will be key to the successful execution of the role, both in terms of winning new project work and to ensure continual involvement on current projects.
- We have an extensive portfolio of existing work and the role will involve supporting projects of various sizes in sectors including energy (including nuclear and renewables), industry, port and coastal developments, flood and coastal defence, and more general development.
- You will be expected to provide robust advice and support to other members of the HaskoningDHV team and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the team.
- Bachelors (essential) or Masters Degree (desirable) in GIS, Geography or an appropriate subject
- ESRI ArcGIS expertise
- Data management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also to work as part of a comprehensive high quality team
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills
- A proactive outlook, and the ability to work constructively on own initiative and within a team
- Commercial acumen and enthusiasm to contribute actively and positively to the growth of new digital services to clients
- Confidence at the client-interfact
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary company bonus
- Medical and Dental care
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
- Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.