Media Engagement Graduate Placement
RNLI lifeboats and lifeguards help thousands of people each year around the UK. It’s quite a story and you can help us tell it.
We’re looking for five new or recent graduates to join the RNLI’s Media Engagement Team for three months during the summer - our busiest time of the year.
The RNLI is a 24/7 search and rescue organisation and you should be ready to work outside normal office hours on occasion.
- South West regional base in Saltash, Cornwall
- South East, based in either London, Chichester or Ramsgate (dependent on successful candidate’s location)
- North East, based at the Bolden Support Centre, Wearside, Wales
- West regional base in St Asaph, North Wales
- National team at RNLI HQ in Poole
- Keen learner
- Good basic understanding of communications and PR principles
- Skilled communicator
- Confident to hit the ground running – whether that’s writing press releases or picking up the phone to our lifeguards, lifeboat crew or the media
- Must have a valid UK driving licence
- Gain a broad range of experience, from publicising lifeguard and lifeboat rescues and helping handle communications around major incidents, to dealing with the media and protecting the reputation of a well-loved charity
- Find out how to use a multi-media, multi-channel approach to promote a large organisation and discover what it’s really like in a busy regional press office
- Occasional opportunities to travel across the region to support RNLI colleagues, volunteers and lifeguards with media liaison
Successful candidates will need to be available for a start date of 4 June 2018, and able to travel to Poole for training during that week.
- South West – 3 April
- South East – 4 April
- Wales and West – 10 April
- North East and East – 4 April
- Poole HQ - 10 April