Undergraduate Software Engineer
Our Reading Head Office are looking for Undergraduate Software Engineer’s to join our Yell.com team. We have successfully held an undergraduate programme for the last 2 years and we have found some fantastic talent by doing this. As a result of this some of our undergraduates have been successful enough to land a permanent role after they graduate. You will be an extremely valued member of the Yell.com team and will be working alongside Java Developers/Quality Engineers/Front End Developers and our UX team on real life projects.
Yell are proud to have been recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best companies to work for in 2016, 2017 and 2018 according to Glassdoor. This is an exciting 1-year placement for an Undergraduate Software Engineer to gain extensive practical training and hands on experience with a team of experienced professionals.
- Working as part of a real-life SCRUM team in an AGILE environment gaining valuable Design and development skills.
- Using the latest technologies and frameworks to produce and deploy software.
- Gaining experience in the development of features or services for yell.com product channels.
- Working alongside our Senior Tech Leads to build API and service solutions using Java, XML and RESTful API architectures.
- Deliver new features across the different yell.com product channels that create an outstanding user experience.
- Working with other Undergrads across the organisation as part of our Undergraduate programme “Genesis” gaining valuable project, business and stakeholder management skills.
- You must be studying towards a Computer Science Degree and will be eligible for a placement year.
- Understanding of at least one programming language such as: Java, C, C++, C#, Python etc.
- Interested in a placement year specialising in either Back end development, Front end development, DevOps or Testing.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively and passionately with colleagues and peers.
- Pro-active with enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Comfortable working within a fast paced environment.