UI/UX Designer - Undergraduate placement
We have an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI Designer to join us on a 1 year Undergraduate placement at our Reading HQ. This position will allow the successful candidate to gain first-hand experience of real business challenges, collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders on key product developments. The role will equip you with hands-on experience of many UX activities, including: UX Research, Workshops, Prototyping and UI/Visual Design.
We aim to provide you with a real working experience. You will be a trusted member of the UX team from day one, with support from the wider team as and when you need it. The role will offer an unrivalled grounding towards a future career in User Experience.
Yell has a relaxed working environment, we pride ourselves on our inclusive supportive culture. We have been recognised as one of the UK’s best companies to work for in 2016, 2017 and 2018 according to Glassdoor.
- Understand and provide input into business requirements.
- Shape user centric solutions across our web (desktop/tablet/mobile) and native apps (iOS & Android) digital channels.
- Collaborate closely with multiple teams: Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Quality Assurance.
- Gain insight into user behaviours through our available tools & research.
- Build clickable prototypes and demo with Sketch 3 & InVision.
- Gather hands-on experience of iterative ways of working (Agile, Lean UX).
- An inquisitive Undergraduate with a passion to learn.
- A developing interest in user-centered design or research best practice.
- A confident collaborator able to influence and be influenced.
- A self-starter able to work independently with minimal information.
- An interest in design tools (such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, Axure).
- Has examples of previous project work demonstrating an interest in UX.