Our Reading Head Office is looking for an IT Undergraduate for a 12 month internship to join our Testing and QA Team. As an IT Undergraduate you will be an extremely valued member of the Testing and QA team and will be working alongside Testing specialists to automate test execution and perform data validation while testing real life new solutions. We have successfully held an undergraduate programme for the last 2 years and we have found some fantastic talent by doing this. As a result of this some of our undergraduates have been successful enough to land a permanent role after they graduate.
Yell are proud to have been recognised by Glassdoor as one of the UK’s 25 best companies to work for in 2016, 2017 and 2018. This is an exciting 12 month internship for an IT Undergraduate to gain extensive practical training and hands on experience with a team of experienced professionals.
- Creating and maintaining automated tests using state-of-the-art test frameworks, the java programming language and other scripting languages where appropriate.
- Performing data validation and reconciliation while testing real life new solutions.
- Working with Senior Technical Leads and the Business Users to understand the test scenarios.
- Understanding product objectives, detailed user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrating initiative in the development and implementation of quality improvement plans
- Working with other Undergrads across the organisation as part of our Undergraduate programme “Genesis” gaining valuable project, business and stakeholder management skills.
- You must be studying towards a Computer Science, Computer Systems or Business Information Degree and will be eligible for a placement year.
- Understand SQL language and have some level of experience of working on relational databases.
- Understanding of at least one programming language such as: Java, C, C++, C#, Python etc.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively and passionately with colleagues and peers.
- Pro-active with enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment.