Marketing and Social Media Internship
Gain hands-on marketing and social media work experience with African Impact. During your time in their Head Office, you will contribute towards community upliftment and conservation projects in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Cape Town.
- Form part of the African Impact Head Office team and focus on online advertising, social media, marketing campaigns, advertising strategy and analysis.
- Learn about responsible tourism and travel, and how to ethically market and promote destinations and volunteer projects projects on a global level.
- Work on projects and assignments from start to finish, including campaigns, promotions, and strategic marketing concepts as well as creative, fun ideas.
- Experience African Impact’s Cape Town community programs and initiatives first-hand as you join volunteers on project.
- Live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, spending your weekends exploring everything Cape Town has to offer.
- Your role will predominantly focus around supporting African Impact’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You will gain exposure to social media strategies, and get hands-on in planning, creating, scheduling and monitoring social media posts, using various different tools.
- Interns also help to run promotions via web and social media platforms, as well as gain to Facebook Advertising (when applicable).
- Interns will play a key role in content creation, including social media posts, videos, blogs and online newsletters that aim to generate new enquirers and promote volunteering on a global level. This will also include contributions to sales materials such as brochures and volunteering guides.
- As part of the internship, you will learn about Google Adwords, as well as provide ad-hoc administration assistance. This can include the updating of online listings, edits to our websites, and compiling market research and reports.
- Interns in Cape Town get the unique opportunity to visit Cape Town volunteer projects on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, and will often spend weekends living in their volunteer base in the city center.
- This is an amazing opportunity to give back to disadvantaged communities and gain exposure to what volunteering involves, which is essentially for your daily role in promoting it.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience.
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx