Junior Information Security Engineer
For over 50 years Yell has specialised in helping small and medium sized businesses find and connect with customers. Our products include mobile optimised websites, Yell.com for Android™, iPhone™, Apple Watch™ and Search & Display advertising.
We are looking for a Junior Information Security Engineer to join us in Reading. The purpose of this role is to provide business focused Information Security services, which contribute to the success of Yell, maintain compliance, and provide a secure technology environment.
As a Junior Information Security Engineer, you will support Information Security Management functions for Yell, including project design and implementation and liaising closely with other Engineers. You will support in bringing our information security risks under control through effective risk management, Information Security consultation, and technical implementation.
- Support the implementation and management of security event monitoring and alerting.
- Interact with technical and non-technical users to resolve security incidents, both in person, over the phone, and in written communications.
- Monitor and triage security alerts from a wide range of business applications and platforms.
- Working with other members of the team to monitor penetration tests against the network and applications in use within the enterprise.
- Work with business and technology teams to mitigate and resolve ongoing issues related to security.
- Assist with the deployment and implementation of security related projects and efforts.
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of industry and new security technologies to better serve the business.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of standards and procedures ensuring enterprise awareness of security requirements and objectives.
- Provide requirements and consultation in the security design of specific systems and applications for your area of responsibility and for corporate projects.
- Work with compliance with all appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements, and agreed standards.
- Support the creation of documentation for both executive and technical audiences detailing threats and incidents.
- Deliver meaningful metrics which deliver give a clear understanding of risk posture in a variety of areas.
- Excellent communicator and willingness to learn.
- Technical Understanding of Information Security Controls.
- Academic studies relating to Information Security would be preferred.
- Previous experience in Information Security or related experience.
- Ability to manage security monitoring tools and alerts.