6 days left
- Full Time
BGC Partners is a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. We are experts in our fields, agile and dynamic in our approach, and built upon the foundation of cutting edge technology and exceptional talent. Our employees are central to BGC’s business strategy and recruiting and retaining top tier talent is vital to our success and the reputation of our brand. Headquartered in London and New York, we have offices in dozens of major markets across the globe. From these locations we serve many of the world’s largest banks, broker-dealers, investment banks, trading firms, hedge funds, governments, corporations, property owners, real estate developers, and investment firms.
This is a brilliant opportunity to start your career as a Junior Broker with BGC Partners, a market leading brokerage firm in Canary Wharf (London). If you are driven, motivated, perform well under pressure, enjoy developing relationships and working with people then this could be the perfect role for you. And the benefits are pretty great too.
- After a comprehensive technical training plan you will join a rotation scheme giving you exposure to multiple asset classes including credit, interest rates, foreign exchange, ETFs, equities and commodities.
- As part of the rotation you will be exposed to the culture of all the brands within BGC Partners including BGC, Aurel, Sunrise, Mint, RP Martin and GFI Group.
- After successful completion of the rotation scheme you will join a specific desk as a Junior Broker.
- As a Junior Broker you will then continue your training in the desk environment, assisting the team by calculating prices, recording brokerage, interacting with customers and attending team meetings to develop your knowledge of the marketplace relevant to your specific desk.
- As a valued member of the desk, your exposure will allow you to liaise and build the relationships needed to secure business from both existing and new customers based in London and the rest of the world.
- You will need to be able to work in a team, think quickly under pressure, be able to build long term relationships both internally and externally and have a head for numbers.
- As a trusted partner to our customers, the role of a broker is an important one and the insight into the market along with the execution services you provide will enable you to build a successful career in one of the most vibrant and exciting sectors of the global financial markets.
- For a broker, no two days are ever the same.
- A passion for working in global markets - specifically a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative trading floor environment
- A head for numbers - you don't need to be a rocket scientist but will need to perform basic maths quickly and confidently
- A natural communicator - both written and verbal - building relationships would ideally come very easily to you
- Strong evidence of teamwork and the ability to thrive in a team setting
- A results-focused approach to work
- Personal and professional integrity
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive and punctual
- Prior experience working in banking or at a financial institution (Desirable)
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline.
- Competitive salary
- Experience with a world leading brokerage firm
- Private health insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Season ticket interest free loan
- Childcare vouchers