Accounting and Business Advisory Assistant
At RSM, you’ll get the business career that you want. Our graduate programmes will give you all the training and support you need to reach your goals and unlock a future that’s packed with new experiences.
Accounting and Business Advisory – get the career you want at RSM
Our Accounting and Business Advisory programme will give you all the skills and support you need to unlock a future that’s packed with opportunities and new experiences. You’ll enjoy a powerful combination of on-the-job learning and structured training – not to mention an impressive client list to work with.
When you join our team, you’ll discover a culture that nurtures individuality and an environment where everyone is supported to reach their potential. With us, you’ll always be moving forward.
What is Accounting and Business Advisory?
Our team makes sure companies’ financial statements comply with government regulations and industry standards. We also advise on business strategies, provide companies with financial forecasts and prepare management accounts that show an accurate picture of business performance.
Our work helps put a set of figures into perspective. We help our clients understand what the management accounts actually say about the state of their business. We help them identify key areas where they could improve performance.
We also provide daily advice to clients across a wide range of industry sectors. Many do not have in-house advisers who can help them deal with day-to-day issues, so our team is often the first port of call when they have financial or business-related questions.
A career in ABA offers top quality career development. With us, you’ll get involved in client work very quickly, and get the chance to learn about different types of businesses from varying industry sectors. The depth of services and clients you’ll be exposed to early in your career will help you jump-start your accountancy career.
- Initially, you’ll be working as part of a larger team.
- Once you’ve completed your initial professional qualifications, the complexity of your workload will increase and you’ll have the opportunity to take on more individual responsibilities and get involved in more challenging accounting issues, such as applying international accounting standards.
- With us, you’ll have the space to grow and be challenged.
- With our support, you’ll become a true trusted adviser to your clients.
- When you join this team, you’ll work towards your ACA or CA professional qualifications.
- We’re on the look out for enthusiastic self-starters who are quick to learn and always up for a challenge.
- You’ll be working on a wide variety of projects, so it’s important that you’re adaptable and highly organised.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as you’ll be communicating at all levels, often explaining complex information both in meetings and in written reports.
- At RSM, we don't just look for good exam results. We think passion, personality and originality are just as important.
- You’ll need a minimum of Grade C in English and maths GCSE, 280 UCAS and predicted at least a 2:1 degree to apply (or equivalent).
- For Scottish candidates you’ll need a minimum of five national 4/5 qualifications or equivalent, including maths and English and 260 UCAS points across four best highers or advanced highers, and predicted at least a 2:1 honours degree.