Graduate Quantity Surveyor
McNicholas Construction has recently been acquired by Kier, and is now a separate business unit within Kier’s Construction and Infrastructure Services division. Together, they are shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Where you'll work
Lead from headquarters in Elstree, McNicholas is a leading infrastructure services supplier, providing telecommunications, gas, power, water, renewable energy and rail services across the UK. As a graduate for McNicholas, you’ll be a member of the integrated business whilst having the enormous support and development available from being part of the wider Kier Group.
- Supporting the senior commercial team, you’ll assist our project teams in commercially managing various construction contracts within the rail and civils sectors with a turnover in excess of £40m.
- You’ll be hands-on by visiting site and working with the whole of the commercial and pre-construction department, providing assistance in risk and value management, cost control, cost analysis, estimates and commercial management.
- We look for those who embody our company ethos.
- Whilst academically you need to be in your final year of university or have achieved a minimum of 2.2 in quantity surveying or another relevant degree programme.
- Ideally, you’ll hold a valid full UK driving license.
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days plus eight bank holidays
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online