Graduate Engineer - Rail
Our two-year Graduate Development Programme starts you on a journey to develop your career in a challenging, dynamic and supportive work environment. We’ll give you a real role from day one, so you’ll get invaluable experience and exposure working on varied and exciting projects for a large, diverse and ambitious organisation.
We want graduates who excel in their subject and who’ll bring talent, drive and fresh thinking to help propel our business forward. In return, we’ll provide you with all the support you need to achieve your career goals, because we want you to be successful and grow your career with us.
We are a leading engineering and technical consultancy and a major provider of design services within the UK’s rail industry. Our clients rely on a service that manages, improves, and maximises the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK.
If you have determination, adaptability and an ambition to become a technical expert in your field, then our graduate development programme could be for you. The programme will set you on a clear path to achieving excellence in your career and by following a two-year graduate-driven rotation scheme, offers a range of disciplines which you could specialise in. These include: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Railway Signalling, Overhead Line Electrification, Track Engineering, Geotechnical and Telecoms Engineering.
As a Graduate Engineer, you'll assist our teams with all activities relating to the inspection, design and construction support of relevant areas on the rail network to meet client objectives and needs; for example:
- Preparation and / or checking of design calculations
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and documents as necessary
- Assisting with site surveys and inspections
- Maintain compliance with client standards, specifications, CDM, and relevant health and safety legislation
- Maintain contact with the client organisation and any other relevant organisation, including attending meetings
- Assisting with the preparation of information for the client or Amey group
- Dealing with project related correspondence
- Coordinating with other projects as required
- Project planning, programming and administration
- Outlining cost estimates
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking graduates who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders. You’ll also have:
- Available to start Summer 2018
- Computer literate
- Commitment to studying towards professional registration (IEng or CEng)
- Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, with evidence of problem solving ability
- Self-motivated with the ability to plan and manage time
- Full driving licence essential
- Relevant work experience would be advantageous
- 2:2 degree in relevant subject (engineering degree of any type or specialism)
- We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package as well as supporting all graduates to gain a professional qualification through a Professional Institution.
- We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with.
- Over two years, you’ll cover personal development, business skills and business improvement techniques.
- You’ll also have the chance to meet your peers and senior management from across the UK at the annual graduate conference.
- We’ll pay you a competitive starting salary, and if you perform well, we’ll give you a pay rise every six months whilst on the graduate programme.
- At the end of the programme you can expect to progress into the next level of your chosen career.