Junior Print Designer
Our promise is luxury. Our pledge is affordability. From our London atelier to the factory we own in Italy where we make our shoes, we take pride in every fabric, print and finish to create the finest collections.
Here at Hobbs we are currently recruiting for a talented individual to join our Design team for the position of Junior Print Designer based in our Head Office in the heart of Central London. The overall responsibility of the role is to be a creative with a good eye for colour and experience in print design, this person also has to be very organised, proactive, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
Responsible for fully supporting print design manager in developing prints from initial stages right through to production.
- Help maintain the seasonal print colour palette for each brand
- Assist in selecting, developing and creating prints for all brands: smart casual, occasion, and wear to work
- Fully assist print design manager in all admin aspects of print design- sending print packs that are correct/exact, putting prints into commercial repeat sizes, cleaning up prints, re-colouring and maintaining the print archive
- Responsible for ordering samples/pantone papers as applicable to print only colours
- Good communication skills- ensuring all prints packs and developments are discussed with relevant teams and highlighting any issues which may affect the critical path
- Collaborate with the Buying Team on approvals which are border line, giving a commercial view whilst protecting the integrity of the collection and the brand
- Be knowledgeable about the fashion market including both aspirational and competitive brands
- Competitor knowledge- Visit stores/go online during each season to maintain a good colour and print understanding within the market- communicating that you have done this to you manager and through your design work
- We offer a competitive salary dependant on experience with excellent benefits. Don’t forget our employee discount off our beautiful products!