Junior Graphic Designer
The applicant needs to be a capable Graphic Designer with some experience (internship or similar is acceptable) of working in an agency environment or in-house at a brand. Ideally, you will be educated to degree standard in graphic/web/communication design or similar.
- Design for a range of media across social/digital/print
- Implementing a social media schedule for multiple brands
- Creating and deploying social media campaigns
- Designing and deploying email marketing solutions
- Work on brand/campaign projects, alongside the Managing Director the team
- Artworking on existing brands/campaigns with the Managing Director and the team
- Writing analytical reports of social media progress
- Maintenance of Google my business, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts across multiple-brands
- We are looking for a quality ‘all-rounder’ who is looking to step into a career in the design/marketing industry. Someone who seeks the opportunity to let their creativity shine through and is prepared to throw themselves into the brands and services that we offer from our Leeds city centre studio.
- We don’t stand on ceremony and if a job needs doing we all jump in and help, there is no room for ego here!
- Above all, we require someone with strong creative skills that can be disciplined in the application of brand and campaign guidelines. The candidate needs to be comfortable working in multiple disciplines in order activate the design concepts of brands and campaigns.
- The successful candidate will be comfortable working directly with the Managing Director, and the wider team and must be open and willing to take guidance and advice on how to achieve the creative direction that each project demands. You will be at ease working as part of a team but also be able to work independently when required.
- You will be someone that has initiative, creative flair and a keen eye for detail.
- You will be comfortable working under instruction when necessary but also be able to rise to the challenge of independent thinking when required. You will have an outstanding portfolio; ideally showcasing some work in leisure and hospitality sector (but this is not essential).
- You must be able to provide reasoning for the direction that you take to create your concepts.
- You will be familiar with current design and marketing trends across a range of media, experienced in using a Mac and have the ability to create ‘thinking outside the box’ concepts for our clients.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design
- An understanding of print and digital design processes
- Knowledge of digital and social technologies
- An interest in the development of marketing and design in the digital world
- Email marketing and CRM experience. (Desirable)
- Experience with social media technologies and the capabilities of different platforms (Desirable)
- Experience with content management systems (Wordpress, Expression Engine, Laravel etc.) (Desirable)
- Experience with online web-builder platforms: Webydo and Webflow (Desirable)
- Experience with motion graphics programs Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro (Desirable)
- Any knowledge of HTML, CSS and front-end devlopment (Desirable)