ESL/Drama teacher in China
CUBEL in Cardiff-UK are working with a large state college in Guangzhou, China, to offer our own course of “English through Drama”, an interactive teaching syllabus of teaching English by doing drama. We are recruiting 2 full-time TEFL/TESOL teachers for a minimum contract of 12-month to be based in Guangzhou, China. 6-month or shorter contract may also available. Students will be two age groups of 16-19 and 6-13 years old. Contract will be signed with CUBEL and bound by laws of the UK to ensure the rights and benefits of candidates.
A qualified applicant should have a university degree plus approved TEFL qualifications. A degree in language, linguistics, education or drama will be particularly preferred. Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and previous teaching experience are not essential but will be an advantage. Job loads will include teaching English, helping with course promotion events as well as training Chinese colleagues. Salary will be a minimum payment of £800 GBP, plus a payment of extra work at the rate of £15 GBP per hour. Higher salaries, up to a maximum of £2000 per month are achievable depending on experience and qualifications. Free accommodation will also be provided in decent shared flats. A return flight to and from Guangzhou will be provided for all 12-month contracts.
- developing and implementing lessons and work schemes, following the course framework designed by CUBEL; providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning;
- organising and supervising play and work as well as drama activities, such as reading, writing, music, dancing etc);
- maintaining records of teaching as well as monitoring and recording student progress, helping with WeChat online lessons and other promotions, possibly travelling within China;
- Job Type: Full-time
- Interests and capabilities in dancing and/or drama
- Excellent spoken and written language skills of English; Clear diction and patience, lateral thinking and confidence;
We can offer an immediate start to the right candidate.
Please send your CV, passport and covering letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx