As a Trainee Solicitor at Royds Withy King you will gain experience in various areas of law with the opportunity to develop skills in contentious and non-contentious law in order to qualify as a Solicitor.
The level and complexity of work will vary and increase during your Training Contract.
- Assisting Solicitors and other fee earners to effectively run files
- Ensure the cases meet deadlines, internal and external standards and the client is adequately informed
- Interviewing clients, by listening and extracting important information
- Providing advisory support/assistance to clients
- Drafts correspondence in the form of emails, letters and legal documents
- Researching relevant case law/statutory instruments/news articles and summarising key points to relevant individuals
- Preparing files for court, collating documents
- Preparing exhibits assisting counsel
- Supporting clients when attending court and chambers
- Create and update content for website, blogs etc.
- Provide event support for marketing and recruitment activities
- Liaise regularly with experts, counsel, insurers, witnesses and other parties
We are recruiting across all of our offices for trainee positions starting in 2018, 2019 and 2020.