We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic, customer service focused Leisure Assistant to assist the Duty Officers in the operational aspects of running busy, City Centre based leisure facilities. The service comprises of a 25 metre, 6 lane swimming pool and sauna, an 8 court and a 3 court sports halls, 3 x multi-purpose studios, a 13 metre high climbing wall and a state of the art 100+ station fitness suite.
DMU is committed to excellence in the student experience and by joining the current leisure team you will demonstrate a thorough understanding of what it takes to provide excellent customer service, with a flexible approach to work and to the challenge of responding to rapidly changing priorities.
- Working both as part of the fitness team and as part of the larger leisure centre team
- Use your initiative and work without direct supervision
- Maintain a welcoming environment for all customers
- Ensure the professional running of busy leisure facilities at all times
- When required, act as a lifeguard and climbing wall instructor.
- You will be required to work evenings and weekends
- Hours: 9.5 hours per week, Sunday 10.00am - 8.30pm
- YMCA level 2 Fitness Instructor, or equivalent
- Be NPLQ or equivalent qualified
- Climbing Wall Leading Award/Single Pitch Award or higher
- Experience working in a climbing wall
- Valid first aid at work certificate
- Candidates without the relevant lifeguard and climbing wall qualifications may be considered, but must be willing to attain both qualifications through training
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required
- Sports/leisure centre experience
- Highly motivated
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Able to competently supervise and control a busy fitness suite environment