Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard)
Better Leisure Centres are run by GLL, the UK’s largest leisure provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable.
We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are an Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL are looking for casual Recreation Assistants to work at Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre in Hayes, West London. If you have the talent and ambition to join us as a Lifeguard, there's never been a more exciting time to progress with a sector leader. This is more than a Lifeguard job - it's a career. Professional development is just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
- Regular pool rotations
- Supervising and cleaning the pool area
- Setting up equipment
- Delivering a first-class customer service when dealing with queries
- You'll be equipped with the skills to potentially save a life
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Calm under pressure
- Highly responsible
- A natural with people from all walks of life
- Integrity and a can-do attitude
- Real focus on customer service
- Passion and personality will also stand you in good stead
- Great team player
- Pension schemes
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- Career pathways
- Ongoing training and development to help you to be the best