Kaya Responsible Travel offer a wide range of sustainable volunteer placements and internships in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Don't just travel as a tourist with Kaya Responsible Travel, experience the real world and make a difference. Kaya gives you the opportunity to volunteer abroad, learn a language abroad, gain valuable work experience overseas, or take a gap year. As once gold medal and twice silver-medal winners of 'Best Volunteer Organisation in the UK' (British Youth Travel Awards 2013,14 and 15) Kaya are recognized for our high ethical standards and quality of participant support in the field.
Kaya have placements in a wide variety of fields including:
- Communications and marketing
- NGO and international development
- Graphic design
- Medical and health
- Veterinary; and many other specific areas
While on an internship with Kaya, you are developing your own skills and experience and improving your CV while also contributing to valuable development or conservation work.
- Gain work experience specific to the academic field you are studying in
- Working in an organisation that is making a difference in Asia, Africa and Latin America
- Internships start from four weeks up to as long as six months and are focused on a specific area of an organisation
- We will ensure interns are placed to work under the guidance of a supervisor who can provide feedback and assessment of the work being carried out
- Those interested in an internship will be required to send their CV to assess their suitability
- Must be over the age of 18 at programme start
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible and patient
- Some language and skills requirements may exist, but we work with every individual to find a placement that can accommodate for your specific skills and interests
- No specific qualification requirements for most internships, however some may require you to have previous experience or specific skills relevant to that field
Please note this opportunity is unpaid and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Southampton Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience.
With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com .
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities@ https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx