Teaching English in China
Do you dream of faraway places and want to experience adventure in a different country? With new opportunities to learn a new language? Pioneer & Beyond are here to help. We have a range of job positions available across many cities in China.
China offers all the above, environmentally the landscape is vast and diverse as the cities that are built in and around the country itself. China enjoys the commercial advantages of all the western main cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. In contrast, China also celebrates her natural culture and environment in cities that are not so exploited by capitalism. It’s worthwhile exploring. Living cost are much lower than UK. with the salary you earn, you can have a comfortable life.
You may ask, do I need to speak Mandarin to teach in China?
The answer is no. In school, you will have Chinese assistance who will help you to communicate with students. In daily life, most of the young generation of Chinese can speak English. They may not speak perfect English, but it is enough for basic communication. Public transportation have English translations in major cities. You also can easily find Chinese people to teach you mandarin for free if you teach them English as language exchange.
- Subject to Teach: English
- Teaching Hours Per Week: Approx. 20 classes per week.
- Office Hours per week: 20 hours
- Working Days Per Week: 5 days
- Students’ Age: adults, teenagers or children
- Duration of Each Class: 45 minutes – 1 hour
- Contract Length: 12 months with renewable contract
- Location: Many cities across China
- Bachelor degree or placement year student in any discipline
- Ability to live Abroad for 12 months or an academic year
- We are looking for candidates that have a bright and outgoing personality, who are open-minded enough to accept and embrace the challenges that come with living and teaching abroad.
- We need candidates who are full of enthusiasm, and who have a sense of loyalty to the job, to the students and to the staff they will be working with.
- It is not essential to have any previous teaching experience although this is obviously helpful. It is not necessary to have travel or work experience either.
- Candidates must have no criminal record and there is no foreign language requirements for any of our teach abroad programs. The most important aspects are that you have the right attitude, a strong desire to teach and a willingness to learn!
- Salary: 10,000 - 18,000 RMB (approx 1,120 Pounds to 2,000 Pounds) per month - Based on qualification and experience
- (The average Monthly Allowance in China is around 5000 CNY (560 Pounds) per month. So the salary you will get is in middle to middle-upper class in China.
- Apartment: Well-furnished apartment with bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen; Or housing allowance is provided
- Flight allowance: provided after completing the contract
- Holidays: Enjoy all the legal holidays
- Visa: School can help to get work visa