Junior Digital Designer
With over 25 years of heritage, Book People is the country’s favourite direct bookseller, which prides itself on creativity, longevity and authority within the book selling industry. Founded by book enthusiasts on the principle of making books available to everyone at unbelievable prices, Book People has the unique advantage of offering the knowledge of independent booksellers along with a range competitive with online giants. Through its fleet of local booksellers, mail-order catalogues and award-winning website, Book People’s aim is to give its customers the service they deserve, by make shopping for books as enjoyable and convenient as possible. But what really sets Book People apart from the rest is its team of book experts, who use their years of knowledge and experience to select an extensive range of hand-picked favourites, which allow the company’s millions of customers to enjoy savings of up to 75% off RRP.
- Book People are currently seeking a bright Junior Digital Designer to join its commercial design department.
- This is a great opportunity to learn from a small and experienced team. Although you will undertake a variety of responsibilities within the department, the main focus will be on digital.
- Designing layouts, building and testing emails as well as ensuring brand continuity across our digital channels. You will preferably have an online portfolio displaying your work.
- Working with and supporting our Digital Designer/Developer
- Responsible for designing and building weekly promotional content across email and website
- Timely design and production of content to our customer base
- Being aware of forthcoming trends in design
- Looking for ways to improve upon processes
- Creative individual
- Ability to use Adobe CC suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS would be an advantage
- An Art/Design/Media based honours degree or equivalent
- Passionate about design and coding, with a good eye for detail
- Good knowledge of the latest email design techniques including mobile responsive design
- Experience of an email service provider or marketing platform
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment with a positive can do attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills