Junior Graphic Designer
Calling all great creative graphic and/or branding design minds!
We are a small group of multi-product companies based in beautiful rural Harvel, Kent, looking for a versatile and confident Branding & Graphic Design Junior, supporting a Marketing Manager.
You will need to have a great eye for layout and typography, the ability to develop concepts from scratch as well as manipulating images. Accuracy, adhering to deadlines and brand guidelines are also essential skills.
You will need to be able to proactively produce design work to agreed timescales, budgets and expected standards.
Responsible for branding and brand development; some previous experience as an Artworker / Packaging Designer / Studio or design work is preferred
- To organise and run the proofing meetings for the company brochure which is yet to be put into process.This will be your ‘baby’ along with any other promotional material that may be required
- Packaging / promotional material design and branding and arranging production
- Website maintenance and Social Media updates in the absence or upon instruction of the Marketing Manager so experience in designing and managing websites is essential
- You will be required to work closely with our newly employed Marketing Manager and other team members
- To assemble and supply customer samples and images when available
- Have high IT literacy with experience in Photoshop and other design packages such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator mainly) and Google Drive/Google Docs
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships
- Be exceptionally organised with amazing attention to detail
- Have the ability to work effectively under pressure, have a 'can do' attitude and be a real team player as well as having the ability to work on your own
- Have a creative mindset and keen to bring packaging ideas to the table
- Show initiative and use a common sense approach to resolving issues and discrepancies
- Have a Design related degree
- Have experience in building up, designing and maintaining a live website
- Have relevant SEO experience
- Product design experience would be a huge attribute when applying for this position (Desirable)
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates both print and digital creative assets would also be beneficial – we would love to see what your capabilities are! (Desirable)
- The ability to organise and maintain the storage facilities (development room) required to hold and organise stock and materials
- This position would suit a recent design Graduate, someone with a real artistic flair and vision, maybe you have a few years’ experience under your belt, maybe you are fresh from education, regardless, please apply if you feel you are our next asset!
- 28 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of Bank Holidays)