Graduate FPGA Engineer
Working as an FPGA engineer within our Research & Development team you will create and enhance FPGA IP cores by updating test benches in VHDL to replicate and then fix faults. This will include simulation, synthesis, timing analysis and testing in hardware. Updates to requirement documents, test specifications, design documents and user guides all to planned delivery timescales.
- Understanding the system requirements, translating these into a design and validating that the design implementation meets these requirements.
- Developing code in line with the agreed design specifications within the guidelines of Telesoft Technologies’ FPGA development processes.
- Confirming through planned and adequate component testing that any component developed will meet the agreed system requirements.
- Setting up systems including the connection of test equipment.
- Producing design documents for components being developed based upon agreed requirements, system design specifications and relevant standards specifications.
- Implementing of design in VHDL.
- Compliance with Telesoft Processes and Procedures to ensure that ISO 9001 requirements are met.
- Attending code reviews to verify implementation.
- Using software source code control systems in to manage software version control.
- Produce test benches and simulations to prove implementation meets requirements.
- Use Synthesis, Place-and-route and debugging tools.
- Producing professional documentation in line with Telesoft Technologies’ processes, including Release Notes, Change Notes, BTRDs and User Guides as appropriate.
- Promptly correcting any deficiencies against requirements identified either internally through Component or System Testing or externally by Customer.
- Attend meetings with other teams to agree customer requirements.
- Attend customer site for installation or fault diagnosis of systems.
- Relevant degree – e.g. engineering including digital design
- Good understanding of System Architecture philosophies.
- Ability to write design documentation and understand the use of message sequence charts and SDLs
- Experience with different operating systems including UNIX and Windows.
- Understanding of firmware testing methods.
- Understanding of high speed digital design (Desirable)
- Experience in programming languages VHDL or Verilog. (Desirable)
- Ability to understand, apply and review processes to ensure they remain valid and meet objectives without unnecessary complication / bureaucracy. (Desirable)
- C and Python Programming to aid system testing (Desirable)
- Knowledge of IP networks (Desirable)
- Results & delivery orientated – deliver required business results
- Self-starter – able to find your own motivation for accomplishing a task
- Problem Solving – ability to identify errors and explore the options available for resolving them and completing the task
- Positivity – showing you have the openness and flexibility to work in a dynamic company whilst maintaining a positive, open and objective attitude towards others
- Attention to detail – able to see and pay attention to details and to verify or correct any errors
- Customer Focussed – keeps internal and external customers in mind at all times
- Must be:
- eligible to undertake SC clearance as a minimum - DV level clearance may be required
- eligible to live and work in the UK unrestricted
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Non Contributory Pension scheme
- Private Health Care Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Free on-site parking
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to Joanna Taylor, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org