A broad and busy role based in a small, independent events company. This could be the perfect position for a Year 1 Event Management student looking for immediate on the job experience, and 2nd year placement next year. Whilst not essential, an interest in events/sports would be desirable.
- Develop understanding of key Charities, Sponsors and corporate teams
- On the day experience at both large events (ABP Southampton Marathon) and opportunity for high level roles at local events with key responsibilities
- Working on logistics and smooth delivery for the upcoming events season
- Develop information briefing packs
- Fielding enquiries and updating the public
- Attending client meetings
- Site visits for event locations
- Cross promotion at other industry events e.g. marathons, from a pre-agreed work calendar
- Track events progress (supplier tenders, sponsors confirmation etc).
- Prepare event team updates for weekly meetings.
- Work closely with Managing Director and Events team to deliver successful event
- Assist Communities Liaison as and when required
- Answer/deal with queries, both face-to-face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them onto the relevant member of staff in an appropriate timely manner
- Data extraction, filing and photocopying duties as directed
- Become a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Attend and take part in team meetings
- Promote business in a positive manner
- Work towards Annual targets of growth
- Adhere to all Rees Leisure policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as requested by management
- Full UK driving license desirable